Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy New Year!

Wow, what a week we have had leading up to this New Year! It started with Justin getting sick, he got the cold and nasty bug that Katelyn and I had last month - but only about 30 times worse. He finally ended up going to the doctor's on Saturday (27th) and the doctor told him he was very fortunate he hadn't already had pneumonia. He had very severe bronchitis - pink eye in both eyes, double lung infection, and a double ear infection in both ears. He put him on a bunch of medicine including antibiotics and steroids. Justin's body doesn’t do well with steroids - it makes him hurt all over so we have spent the week with him sore and his whole body in tons of pain not just his neck and left arm. I had a dentist appointment on Friday (26th) and had to have my tooth pulled because it got infected so bad. Then on Sunday (28th)I had the onset of a kidney stone; so as you can imagine the Westmiller household has been on the frits this past week. Katelyn did well this week... although read on and you will see that changed in the New Year!

For New Year's our good friends and Neighbors the Abeyta's invited us over. We went over there and had some food and good laughs. Although I might add that Layla and I laughed at the boys because both Justin and Bert feel asleep and had to be woken up before Midnight, while their children made it the entire evening! Katelyn made it till about 12:04 then she was out COLD. It was nice to be together as a family and still each have a friend there to ring in the New Year. Katelyn had her good friends Jack and Maddie, while Justin had Bert and I had Layla. When we think about it is crazy to think that we weren't that close to them 5 years ago and now it is hard to imagine our life without them in it or a big part of it. They are truly like family to us and we know that regardless to where and when they end up moving or where and when we end up moving that we will always remain good friends. I have come to learn that even with how hard it can be to move all the time we have made some tremendous people on our journey and they have become a part of our journey and will forever be a big part of our lives regardless to where we are at.

New Year's Day - the big football day (well at least it use to be) Katelyn and I stayed in bed the majority of the day. She had a bad fever and she kept complaining that her head hurt her. She was better Friday but Saturday she had it back but this time it was 50 times worse she didn't get out of bed until 9:30 that evening and then it was only for a little while. On Sunday she was better and we decided to make some changes to our house. We switched Katelyn's room and the computer room around and to be honest I don't know why we didn't do it in the first place. I enjoy the fact that Katelyn is closer to our room so I can keep the door closed and it gives her a better since of not being alone. In the computer room the computers are closer and it makes it more of a place to go and study or be online rather than watch TV, eat and just hang out - we have other places to do that!

We know that this year is going to bring new challenges for our family to face but we also know that everything is going to be okay. Thankfully we have good friends and family to lean on when those times get tough.

Well, we hope that all of you had a happy New Year's Eve and that your 2009 is starting out on a good note. As always we love you and hope that you are doing well.


Katelyn's Room

The Learning area in her room

Another view of her room

The New Computer Room

Another view of the computer room

No comments: