Yesterday (28th), was a really long day... it snowed on Monday (26th) night and Tuesday (27th), so school was canceled (a whole 3-4 inches may have been on the ground). It started to rain Tuesday night which then froze and cause ice to form and collect EVERYWHERE! But because Justin had his appointment at 9:00am at Bethesda we needed to leave early to make it. So we headed out about 6:20ish. Once on the freeway I was complaining of not being able to see very well. Come to find out that in the haste I had apparently forgotten to put my contacts in (as I thought I had) and couldn’t see a thing. So after we made it off the freeway and in to DC we made a driver change at a red light (wouldn’t recommend) but because Justin hadn’t taken any medicine because of his tests he was able to make it the rest of the way for us! When we arrived at Bethesda and made it to the doctor’s only to discover that the Dr. got into an accident and wreck his car, he was okay but would not becoming in until the afternoon. There was an appointment at 3:00 and perhaps they would have a cancelation, so if we wanted we could stay. Of course we decided to stay. We were already out, we would still have to come back another day, and we needed the results because so much was/is riding on the results to determine what surgery they would be doing or what’s next. Also Justin has a doctor appointment Friday with the CG doctor’s so he needs to have his paperwork, and as many results as possible for the CG doctor to do the TLD paperwork.
Well, as our luck would have it there were no earlier cancelations so were there all day long. Justin’s appointment/exam went very similar to the one he had 12 days earlier. The neurologist is very concerned about all the left side issues, he thinks it is in his brain area and isn’t to optimistic about how much the fusion would help him feel better. He thinks it is needed but he thinks there are other issues going on and the fusion WILL NOT WORK in relieving a lot of the pain. He noted the same neurological symptoms as the last but this time he said that he has more weakening in his left side than at the last appointment and also that the left pupil also shows some signs of having issues. So this is where we are at… STILL NOTHING! They honestly don’t know what the right answer is. They have decided to do a brain MRI and CT (still has to be scheduled). He still wants to save the surgery date in case they come up with results by then or in case they decided to still go ahead with the fusion – just to relieve some pain and see where they stand. But nothing concrete.
Tomorrow Justin has his appointment with the CG doctor and hopefully we will hear as to when the MRI an CT will be done. I am sure it will be done within the next week or so…
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment