This Thanksgiving we headed west about 120 miles to our good friends the Harrison’s. Margaret prepared an amazing feast: turkey, sweet potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, cranberries, sliced ham, salad, cornbread stuffing, stuffing, gravy, apple pie and pumpkin pie to choose from. Justin and I made the appetizers for the day: veggie tray, deviled eggs, cheese, pepperoni and cracker tray, grandma's dip and I also attempted to make a chocolate pie for Justin (was a little thin). Katelyn didn't eat to much... okay I think she only took one bite of the ham, and maybe one of the turkey! She preferred the cheese, pepperonis and bread!
All-in-all it was a good day spent with great friends! We hope each of you had a wonderful day filled with wonderful memories to share.
We stayed at the Harrison's on Friday too... they have become our black Friday partners! This year we didn't see a lot of "need to stay in long lines on a cold night" deals or must buys so we got up early and headed out. Actually, the three of them did while I stayed back and hung out with the girls. Later in the day Margaret and I went out and picked up a few more things. I am happy to say that I only have one more gift to buy and I am DONE with my shopping- Yippee!!!!
When we got home today (Saturday) we unpacked our x-mas stuff and decorated the inside of the house! It was a really good time had by all. Katelyn is so much fun now, I know I need to cherish these moments because comments like "you guys are the best parents" and "this is the greatest day ever" probably won't always be around! Katelyn had the greatest time ever decorating she thought it was the coolest thing in the world to not only put the ornaments on the tree but to see them all again and remember why we have them in the first place. I swear as she picked one up she would talk about it and say how wonderful this was... she kept singing "we wish you a Merry Christmas" over and over again. The only bad part now is trying to contain her for the next month! She is definitely Justin's daughter and for those of you who know how much Justin loves Christmas you know exactly what I mean!!
Anyway, that's about it for now. Have a wonderful day!
Friends

Katelyn sliding

Oh boy we are going to be trouble in a few years if they are going to be driving together

Katelyn hanging ornaments

Having fun decorating the tree

Daddy and Katelyn putting on the star

Yippee we did it

Katelyn showing off her Christmas Tree Masterpiece

The 2nd Tree
No comments:
Post a Comment